Microsoft Power Automate and Logic Apps are great tools for workflows automation. There are decades of integration connectors available, which cover thousands of scenarios.
Unfortunately, standard connector for SharePoint Online in Office 365 covers only CURD (Create, Update, Read, Delete) functionality. It is not obvious how to manage SharePoint permissions.
Change SharePoint Permissions Microsoft Power Automate Action
Change Permissions action allows you to:
- Grant permissions on site
- Remove permissions from site
- Remove all permissions from Site
- Restore permissions inheritance for site
- Grant permissions on list or document library
- Remove permissions from list or document library
- Remove all permissions from list or document library
- Restore permissions inheritance for list or document library
- Grant permissions on list Item or document
- Remove permissions from list item or document
- Remove all permissions from list item or document
- Restore permissions inheritance for list item or document
This is example of granting permissions to SharePoint list item:
There are just two steps to get started. Then you can start granting, removing or restoring permissions:
‘Change Permissions’ action can be quite useful in various scenarios. For example, you may want to remove all contributors from a document or list item once it is processed. Please read this article describing a scenario with changing permissions on a travel request:
Another scenario is when you create SharePoint sites or libraries dynamically and want to grant permissions on SharePoint site or library. Please read this article describing a scenario with creating a new SharePoint site from a template and changing permissions on it:
It is quite easy to automatically grant, remove or restore SharePoint permissions in Microsoft Flow with the help of Plumsail Action and its connector. Just follow the steps above and if you have any questions, comment here or drop us a message to [email protected].
There are more actions coming for SharePoint and other workflow automation tasks. Follow us to be up to date!