Services like Slack and Microsoft Teams dramatically changed the way teams are communicating. To make your work even faster and efficient, you can configure notifications about new tickets from Plumsail HelpDesk for Microsoft Teams and Slack. So, every time a new ticket comes to your HelpDesk, you will get a nice reminder about it in your channel.
Update: We glad to inform you that we released ready to use HelpDesk for SharePoint. It can be installed and configured in 15 minutes.
In this article, I would like to demonstrate how to create HelpDesk on SharePoint Online or SharePoint 2013. The idea is simple. I want to implement system, which will allow each side of the process to work with their own tools.
This is general scenario:
- A ticket initiator will submit tickets by sending an e-mail to the specific mailbox.
- All e-mails from this mailbox will be replicated to the SharePoint discussion board list.
- A support specialist will work only with SharePoint discussion board list where each ticket will have separate discussion.
- Each comment submitted to discussion board will be sent to the ticket initiator by email.
- It is possible to reply to these emails and all replays will be replicated to the corresponding discussion in the discussion board.
Thus, a ticket initiator works with e-mail client and a support specialist works with SharePoint web interface. Finally, we will get something like this: