Installing Widget, AutoDetect Users

by Anton Khritonenkov » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:52 pm

Hi,

The new version of the widget has been released. It has to work on other sites now. Please try and let me know about the results.

Regarding Chrome. Yes, it is tested in Chrome. Please try to reproduce the issue in incognito mode and provide additional information about the issue in a new forum topic?

- Does it crash in incognito mode?
- Does it crash on any specific page?
- Does it crash on page open or after specific actions with the user interface?
- Are you able to open development console of your browser (F12), navigate to Console tab and reproduce the issue? Then attach a screenshot of a page and of the Console tab to the new topic.
Anton Khritonenkov

by turtlgal » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:23 pm

Im still having the issue. Do I need to do something to update the widget? Remove it and readd it?
turtlgal

by turtlgal » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:32 pm

In an incognito window in Chrome it appears to work.
I will clear my cache and see if that helps as well.
turtlgal

by Anton Khritonenkov » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:35 pm

Yes, probably this is because of the cache. Plese let me know once you cleared it.
Anton Khritonenkov

by turtlgal » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:26 pm

Anton,
Unfortunately I continue to have problems.
Users that have logged in previously can see the widget correctly via an incognito window.
Clearing the cache helps the first time, and then subsequent visits results in the login prompt.

I had a user try to access the site today that had never accessed it and the widget returns an internal server error.

Any ideas?
turtlgal

by turtlgal » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:50 pm

Anton,
I deployed a totally new site, in order to test. Now back to single sign on not working for Widget.
turtlgal

by Anton Khritonenkov » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:39 pm

Hi,

Please try to clear browser cache one more time as we just released a minor fix that could affect you. Ensure that you have installed the widget add-in to the same site where your widget is placed.

If it doesn't help, we would like to research the issue on your side. Can you create a new test site, reproduce the issue and share this test site with our support account support@plumsail.com? Please grant a least Contribute permissions. Read this article for more information about sharing SharePoint site with an external user.

Alternatively, you can create an account for us and send information to support@plumsail.com.
Anton Khritonenkov

Previous

Return to HelpDesk for Office 365