Order from left to right

by Agito » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:49 am

I have a question regarding the order of which the list entries are displayed from left to right in the same heirachy row in the org chart. It seems the order is based on the list entry ID generated by sharepoint. Is there any way to change this? I tried changing the item ID under data source settings to a column I created with a new numbering, but that didnt do anything. It seems the only way to rearrange who is displayed first from left to right, is to manualy rename all the info in the entry in the list to the desired person?
Agito

by Anton Khritonenkov » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:31 pm

Hi Agito,

We just added such functionality to our new major version.

You can add couple of lines to JavaScript editor to apply sorting settings like this:

2-12-2015 1-23-00 AM.png
2-12-2015 1-23-00 AM.png (65.24 KiB) Viewed 3057 times

This is a code snippet:

Code: Select all
renderer.config.nodesSortOrder = "ASC";
renderer.config.nodesSortFieldName = "Title";

nodesSortOrder - order, for example "ASC" or "DESC".
nodesSortFieldName - internal name of list field or property from user profile service.

You can download the new version from our site. Note, if you use version 1.* you will need to upgrade to new version by removing old web part from your page and adding the new one.

If you need to extend your trial just send a request to support@plumsail.com
Anton Khritonenkov

by ScottPerley » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:20 am

Hi Anton,

Should this work for Sorting vertically also?

Can I use another column for the sort order? I'm using a SharePoint list and have a number column called "Order" but it doesn't seem to be working using the following:
Code: Select all
renderer.config.nodesSortOrder = "ASC";
renderer.config.nodesSortFieldName = "Order";
ScottPerley

by Anton Khritonenkov » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:51 pm

Hi Scott,

Thank you for your question. Currently Org Chart handles all the properties as strings. Probably we will add this functionality in future releases.

Best regards
Anton Khritonenkov
Anton Khritonenkov

Return to Org Chart for SharePoint 2013