Update: We glad to inform you that we released ready to use HelpDesk for SharePoint. It can be installed and configured in 15 minutes.
In this article, I would like to demonstrate how to create HelpDesk on SharePoint Online or SharePoint 2013. The idea is simple. I want to implement system, which will allow each side of the process to work with their own tools.
This is general scenario:
- A ticket initiator will submit tickets by sending an e-mail to the specific mailbox.
- All e-mails from this mailbox will be replicated to the SharePoint discussion board list.
- A support specialist will work only with SharePoint discussion board list where each ticket will have separate discussion.
- Each comment submitted to discussion board will be sent to the ticket initiator by email.
- It is possible to reply to these emails and all replays will be replicated to the corresponding discussion in the discussion board.
Thus, a ticket initiator works with e-mail client and a support specialist works with SharePoint web interface. Finally, we will get something like this:
Posted in: Workflow Actions Pack